- Device Information – Information that is automatically collected about your device (including hardware, operating system, browser, etc.);
- Location Information – Information that is automatically collected via analytics systems providers to determine your location, including your IP address and/or domain name and any external page that referred you to us;
- Log Information – Information that is generated by your use of the Website that is automatically collected and stored in our server logs. This may include device-specific information, location information, system activity and any internal and external information related to Winkdex web pages that you visit; and
- Correspondence – Information that you provide to us in correspondence, including with respect to ongoing user support.
When you access the Website, we may make use of the standard practice of placing tiny data files called cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags, or other tracking tools (herein, “Cookies”) on your computer or other devices used to visit the Website. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on the web browser of your device that can be retrieved by us. The type of information we collect includes, but is not limited to, uniquely identifying visitor information and information related to your usage preferences. We use these technologies to help us recognize you as a user, collect information about your use of the Website to better customize our services and content for you, and collect information about your computer or other access devices to ensure that your account security has not been compromised by detecting irregular or suspicious account activities. By using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and/or transmit any data collected to our third-party service providers, such as analytics providers, which may also make use of such technologies described above. Please note that if you block or delete cookies you will not be able to use some or all of the Website. If you do not consent to the placing of Cookies on your device, please do not visit, access, or use the Website.
How We Use Information We Collect
Winkdex collects information as described herein in an effort to provide you with the best experience possible in connection with the Website and any Winkdex Index, which includes protecting you from risks related to improper use and security threats, and helping us maintain and improve the Website and Winkdex Indices.
We may share information with various third-party service providers (including those that may be located outside of the United States or your country), who help us operate our platform and systems, and detect security threats in connection with our business. Such third-party service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. In addition, we may be compelled to share information with law enforcement, government officials, and regulators.
Set forth herein is a non-exhaustive list of some examples of how we may use your information:
- Provide you with access to the Website and Winkdex Indices, including user support in connection therewith;
- Optimize and enhance the Website and/or Winkdex Indices, for all users, or for you specifically;
- Monitor the usage of the Website and/or Winkdex Indices, and conduct automated and manual security checks of our service; and
- Create aggregated and anonymized reporting data about the Website and/or Winkdex Indices.
We do not sell user information to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, we may from time to time send direct marketing materials promoting services, products, facilities or activities to you using information collected from you. An opt-out channel will be provided to enable you to exercise your right to opt out of such direct marketing.
We will not provide your information to third parties for direct marketing or other unrelated purposes without your written consent.